"While working with stories in the films I make, I am always inspired by the reality surrounding me, but then I filter the stories I find, through my own experiences and emotions. I want to make the audience cry, laugh and think."
Leiv Igor Devold is a graduate of the Polish National Film School in Lodz, with a master´s degree in film-directing. He is has directed, written and / or produced over 12 documentaries and short films, which have been screened at festivals and on television internationally (BBC, NRK, TV2, DR3, SVT, YLE, TVP, Planet+).
Devold debuted in Norwegian cinemas in 2015 with the documentary The Accidental Rock Star. The film was nominated for best sound and editing at the Norwegian Film Awards and won the Amanda-award for best editing. The film was also a nominee to best Scandinavian documentary, at CPH:DOX in Copenhagen. It won the audience award for best Norwegian film 2015 at the Kosmorama International Film Festival in Trondheim, where it also was awarded the Kanon-award for best sound.
In 2017 Devold was nominated to Prix Europa, for the documentary Thea – two summers, one winter about the Norwegian journalist Thea Steen who died of cervical cancer in 2016. Films Devold has directed, produced and written have been screened at Annecy, Warsaw, BIFF, Dubai, Beirut, IDFA, CPH:DOX and more than 40 other international film festivals.
Devold teaches Film- and videoproduction at the Department of Arts and Media Studies at NTNU. Before coming to NTNU Igor was head of the documentary department at The Norwegian TV-school in Lillehammer and responsible for filmproduction at the Norwegian Cancer Society.
Devold is a board member of the Norwegian short film festival in Grimstad and head of The Directors Guild of Norway.
In his research time, Devold works with artistic research within the field of film directing, developing the feature film project The Norwegian Dream.
- Best pitch – Screen international pitch award at Polish days – New Horizon Film Festival, Worclaw, Poland – Norwegian Dream
- Honorable mention for pitch during Nordic Co-Production Marked at The Norwegian Int´l Film Festival in Haugesund – Norwegian Dream
- Filmwebs Kanon-award best Norwegian film, Norway – The Accidental rock star
- Amanda best editing, for Heie and Kolstø, Norway – The Accidental rock star
- Kanon-award best sound, to Svenn Jakobsen, Norway – The Accidental rock star
- Sunbird award for best Palestinian short film, Palestine – Izriqaq
- Honorable mention at Nordic film days in Lübeck, Germany – The man who knew 75 languages
- Honorable mention in Grimstad, Norwegian short film festival, Norway – The Journalist and False Start
- The hour glass in Grimstad, for script writer Sliwka, Norwegian short film festival, Norway – False Start
- R.E.D international film festival audience award, Norway – Salt
- Second award at Youth and film festival in Koszalin, Poland – The Journalist
- Second award Next reel film festival, NYU, USA – Tomorrow
- Honorable mention, Cieszyn (Festiwal Filmowy "Wakacyjne kadry"), Poland – Tomorrow
- Best pitch at New Horizons film festival, Poland - for Norwegian dream.
- Norwegian Dream nominated best first feature at Frameline: San Francisco International LGBTQ Film Festival, USA
- Norwegian Dream nominated best first feature at Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film Festival, Canada.
- Norwegian Dream nominated to Best Polish Feature film dFlight award during OFF Camera Film Festival as well as Hubert Milkowski nominated best male actor for his role as Robert in Norwegian Dream.
Nomination to Prix Europa, Berlin, Germany – Two summers, one winter
- Nomination Nordic dox, CPH:DOX, Denmark – best Nordic documentary – The Accidental rock star
- Nomination Politiken's Audience Award CPH:DOX, Denmark – The Accidental rock star
- Nomination best dance film at Frame London Dance Film Festival, England – Salt
- Nomination for best foreign short film at North Hollywood Film Festival, USA – Salt
- Nomination, Muhr Arab Award, Dubai – Izriqaq
- Nomination for best director Polish Independent Movie Awards, Poland – False start.
- Marcin Sztabinski nominated as best actor, Polish Independent Movie Awards, Poland – False start
- Radoslaw Ladczuk nominated as best cinematographer, Polish Independent Movie Awards, Poland –
Awards and nomination for commercial work:
- The #sjekkdeg campaign in 2016 won the "Gullenken" for best social media campaign in Norway in 2016 during Social Media Days in Oslo.
- The #sjekkdeg campaign in 2016 was nominated to "Helseprisen".
IMDB-page, Film Polski